Hot Door CORE Forum

Full Version: 4k monitors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. When I start plug-ins on a 4k monitor all elements i.e. labels, radiobuttons appear small, almost unreadable. Is it possible to setup plugin in a certain way so that it scales elements up for 4k monitors?
(01-20-2017, 06:19 AM)Gaxx Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. When I start plug-ins on a 4k monitor all elements i.e. labels, radiobuttons appear small, almost unreadable. Is it possible to setup plugin in a certain way so that it scales elements up for 4k monitors?

See this discussion for problems with hi-resolution monitors and Parallel's Desktop.

If you're using Windows without Parallel's then just make sure that "Settings->System->Display->Change the size of text, apps, and other items" is set to 100%.

All other settings will make your plug-ins appear too large or too small.
This does help in scaling all the elements together. But is there a way to upscale\downscale plug-in elements to all the other elements? I assume that currently plugin elements are always at 100%, is this right?
(01-24-2017, 01:42 AM)Gaxx Wrote: [ -> ]This does help in scaling all the elements together. But is there a way to upscale\downscale plug-in elements to all the other elements? I assume that currently plugin elements are always at 100%, is this right?

There is no way in CORE to scale the elements. The Windows settings are the only option available.
(01-20-2017, 06:19 AM)Gaxx Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. When I start plug-ins on a 4k monitor all elements i.e. labels, radiobuttons appear small, almost unreadable. Is it possible to setup plugin in a certain way so that it scales elements up for 4k monitors?

On Mac this is a non-issue (all text and widget art is automatically scaled), but CORE does not yet support any images aside from 1x resolution (i.e. no 2x support).

On Windows, Illustrator 16-20 simply ignored the OS-level UI scaling factor, so even if a user had it set to 200% for a 4K monitor Illustrator itself drew at 100%. We built CORE to do the same thing, so it would look just like Illustrator. All text and widget art and images were basically at 1x resolution.

Illustrator 21 introduced HiDPI support on Windows, basically respecting the OS-level scaling factor (aside from 125% which it decreases to 100% or increases to 150%). We have recently begun work on HiDPI support for all widgets on all platforms in CORE (including images) for Illustrator 21, so this will be in an update in the near future.