Hot Door CORE Forum

Full Version: Hierarchy view tooltips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I have a question about HierarchicalView class. When I fill the tree with elements, I create them like this:

hdi::core::TreeEntry newNode(std:Confusedtring("entry"), hdi::core::EntryValue(std:Confusedtring("entry")), NULL);

So basically its just a string for id and a value constructed with string. No additional data. Everything works fine. However when a tree entry is hovered over an empty tooltip pops up over it. Is it possible to use element path or id as text for tooltip? Or better yet - disable tooltips for tree elements?
That's interesting, it shouldn't be showing any tooltips at all if you haven't explicitly set one. Can you share some sample code that exhibits the problem?

We will be releasing a new version of hdi_core fairly soon which has many changes to the Windows UI under the hood, so the issue might already be resolved FYI.
I've tested this on windows.

hdi::core::HierarchicalView tree= hdi::core::HierarchicalView(hdi::core::Rect(15, 30, 155, 100));
hdi::core::HierarchicalView::EntryVector entries;
hdi::core::TreeEntry newNode("aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa", hdi::core::EntryValue("aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"), NULL);
hdi::core::TreeEntry newNode2("bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb", hdi::core::EntryValue("bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb"), NULL);
newNode.pushChild(newNode2);
entries.push_back(newNode);
tree.setEntries(entries);

If this is done, entry with "aaaaaa" gives proper tooltip while "bbbbbbb" gives an empty one.