Hot Door CORE Forum

Full Version: no mouseUpHitData: causes or workarounds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When in a simple AI document, even when no object is hit, my tool's mouseUp event returns a HitData object with the following code:

Code:
std::auto_ptr<hdi::core::HitData> endHit =
     this->__kitchenTool.mouseUpHitData(0,
     hdi::core::SegPointOrInteriorHitRequest);
if( !endHit.get() ) return;

In a complex document, however, it consistently fails on endHit.get(). What might cause this? Given that the tool is especially useful in complex documents, a workaround would be very much appreciated.
Sorry I missed this post Rick! Sounds like a possible bug, but we haven't seen this behavior yet ourselves (or heard about it from customers). Is this issue still happening?

You could try using the native hit request functionality in the Ai SDK directly (for comparison) to see if it fails as well.
No problem, Garrett, I set that project aside to focus on other things, but will do a test and report back later. In the meantime, I've been hoping a future CORE update may address this along with the issue of selecting control points that lie outside of a path's bounding box. A hybrid CORE/SDK selection scheme has been working pretty well for that, although it would be considerably smoother if one could coerce the SDK info into a CORE hit data object the way SDK data can be modified or even built from scratch (feature request?). I store multiple HitData objects for instances where, for example, a tool creates object A which is anchored and snapped tangent to mouse-down object B and extends to mouse-up object C.