Hot Door CORE Forum
Xcode 5.1 with CORE - Printable Version

+- Hot Door CORE Forum (http://hotdoorcore.com/forum)
+-- Forum: All forums (http://hotdoorcore.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Getting started (http://hotdoorcore.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Xcode 5.1 with CORE (/showthread.php?tid=18)

Xcode 5.1 with CORE - Rick Johnson - 03-22-2014

I ran the XcodeLegacy.sh script with Xcode 5.1 and opened the tool sample. To test it, I compiled a release version plugin for AI6. At first it displayed a warning and wanted me to update project settings, but I presume that's because 5.1 doesn't know about the legacy libraries that are installed.

The plugin built and ran fine, but got 15 errors similar to:
warning: invalid DWARF generated by the compiler: DIE 0x00000fad has multiple AT_byte_size attributes in '/Users/rick/Desktop/hdi_core/Binaries/hdi_core-mac-ai16-rls.a'.

Again, I presume these are benign errors due to legacy libraries and can be ignored (?).

It's great to know that everything's good to go with Xcode 5.1.

-- Rick

RE: Xcode 5.1 with CORE - garrett - 03-22-2014

(03-22-2014, 06:14 AM)Rick Johnson Wrote: The plugin built and ran fine, but got 15 errors similar to:
warning: invalid DWARF generated by the compiler: DIE 0x00000fad has multiple AT_byte_size attributes in '/Users/rick/Desktop/hdi_core/Binaries/hdi_core-mac-ai16-rls.a'.

Again, I presume these are benign errors due to legacy libraries and can be ignored (?).

Yes, your suspicion is correct. These are just debugging symbol warnings and generally have to do with older SDKs and/or compilers.

RE: Xcode 5.1 with CORE - Rick Johnson - 05-05-2015

I wasn't able to delve into CORE much, and by the time I came back to it, I had upgraded to Yosemite and my Xcode was up to version 6. I downloaded Xcode 5.1.1, the newest XcodeLegacy script, installed it, downloaded the latest CORE, and tried it again. It will build for AI17, but not for AI16; there are several "Apple Mach-O Linker" errors. Should this work under Yosemite?

Thanks. BTW, that's an awesome Beaker icon, Garrett!

RE: Xcode 5.1 with CORE - garrett - 05-07-2015

We have not yet tested CORE with Xcode 6, either on Mavericks or Yosemite. The open source XcodeLegacy script will need testing as well, but the project owner appears to have updated it with support for Xcode 6.

This is on our to-do list, and we'll get to it soon. At the moment we're a bit inundated with product releases and testing for the upcoming version of Illustrator.

I am not surprised it compiled back to Illustrator 17 but not 16, as Xcode 6 probably needs some of the same modifications that Xcode 5 needed (which, natively, will compile back to Illustrator 16 but not 15).

And thanks, I've been a fan of Beaker since childhood!

RE: Xcode 5.1 with CORE - garrett - 05-18-2015

I've just tested Xcode 6 (6.3.1 to be exact) on a clean installation of Yosemite and everything seems to be working! To compile for all versions of Illustrator you will need Xcode to be fully modified with files from versions 3, 4, and 5. That is, you will need to download Xcode 3.2.6, 4.6.3, and 5.1.1, put them in the same folder as the newest XcodeLegacy.sh script. Once you run the script with the 'buildpackages' argument, it will extract everything it needs from the various downloads. Once run with the 'install' argument, it will copy everything needed from all those extracted files to the clean Xcode 6.3.1 app (thereby enabling legacy support). Finally, once run with the 'cleanpackages' argument, it will delete all the files it temporarily extracted from the downloads.