Hot Door CORE Forum
CustomWidget problem - Printable Version

+- Hot Door CORE Forum (http://hotdoorcore.com/forum)
+-- Forum: All forums (http://hotdoorcore.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bugs (http://hotdoorcore.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: CustomWidget problem (/showthread.php?tid=93)

CustomWidget problem - Gaxx - 08-18-2016

Hello. It's been a while. Right now I am trying to make a plugin for mac, and I've run in a problem with custom widget. As I try to position it on a panel using setOrigin function, only positioning by X axis happens while it appears that Y coordinate is unresponsive no matter what value I use. I am running OS X 10.11.4, using 0.6.2 hdi and running on AI20

RE: CustomWidget problem - garrett - 08-18-2016

That's very strange, as you can probably imagine how simple it is to change the position of a UI widget. The underlying code is common to all widgets as well, so a custom widget should behave the same as all others.

Does the problem also occur if you use the setFrame() method?

RE: CustomWidget problem - Rick Johnson - 08-27-2016

I've got some widget problems, as well, although they're not custom.

1) When I create a modal dialog box, the default OK button is positioned 7px higher in Windows (10) than in Mac.

2) When I place graphics in modal dialogs, they work perfectly on the Mac (CS6), but have erratic behavior under Windows (v10, 64-bit). Here's the code:

Code:
hdi::core::Label logoLbl( hdi::core::Rect(marginWidth, 0,75,101),
hdi::core::Widget::ImageIDs( X_LOGO_PNGI_RSRC_ID,GX_WHITEBG_PNGI_RSRC_ID,GX_LOGO_PNGI_RSRC_ID) );
AboutMD.addWidget(logoLbl);

There are three graphic panels, a white background, logo, product name, and one text label for the version, etc. The white background seems fine. Everything else is invisible. The logo appears when I roll a cursor over it, then disappears when the cursor re-enters it, or at least usually. It's erratic. The logo and text label usually become visible when I mouse over them, but they're inverted. I've tried setting the rollover IDs to NULL with no change. I could change the background to all one image, but it's very helpful to have the option to make adjustments as needed.

RE: CustomWidget problem - garrett - 08-30-2016

(08-27-2016, 04:54 PM)Rick Johnson Wrote: 1) When I create a modal dialog box, the default OK button is positioned 7px higher in Windows (10) than in Mac.

2) When I place graphics in modal dialogs, they work perfectly on the Mac (CS6), but have erratic behavior under Windows (v10, 64-bit).

1) Getting all these widgets to be perfectly aligned on all platforms is tough! I will try to get to that one. In the meantime, you can always adjust it manually, if you like.

2) Layered images are not supported in Windows with CORE. We are not sure if we will add this support, as the solution to create one single image is simple enough.

RE: CustomWidget problem - Rick Johnson - 09-13-2016

Since label text won't display over a white image background in Windows, is there any other way to get a label widget with a white background so I could simply slice the image and fit the pieces together? I couldn't find any widget methods to set the text or background colors; I suspect I'll have to alter my design. Perhaps label text color support is something that could be built into a future release of CORE...