About   |   Getting Started   |   Downloads   |   Documentation   |   Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
extending Registration class
10-26-2016, 07:08 AM
extending Registration class
Would it be practical (for an intermediate-level coder) to either reference or sub-class Registration to add a few new members to store in a file along with the default items (i.e., be included with the private data)? It's not a high priority, especially if it's complicated, as I could always use the class as a model to write my own, but it's kinda like why bulldoze the house and rebuild it when I could just add a deck to the house I've got.

Thanks! -- Rick
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2016, 03:27 PM
RE: extending Registration class
At the moment it isn't possible to extend the Registration class, but we've already got a low-priority TODO item to add such a "user data" field to enable custom data storage within.
11-12-2016, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2016 09:11 AM by Rick Johnson.)
For the time being, I'm using one of the string members to store a dictionary with several settings that seem more appropriate for Registration than Preferences. So far it's working just fine.

I just thought I'd pass that along in case it's helpful to others.

-- Rick
11-14-2016, 11:44 AM
Just thought I would let you know that CORE 0.6.3 is now available, with updates to the Registration class allowing for custom user data (in the right place Tongue )
11-14-2016, 11:53 AM
Thank you, Garrett!